Contributors

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Jewelry party goodies

Today's offering are some lovely desserts I'm making for my upcoming Premier Designs jewelry fondling party.  I am determined to make some decadent but still healthy desserts so just spent the last hour or so writing a book to a girlfriend whilst baking mini Harvest Apple Cake and prepping my Pumpkin Banana Snack Bars for when my husband comes home with the eggs.  Everything sugar free of course, as per my diabetic diva needs. 

Both recipes came from The Sugar Solution Cookbook, and I also managed to find the recipes online, I've placed links below to both the www.amazon.com book description and the online recipe links.  I really didn't tweak the Harvest Apple too much, except to add crystallized ginger (didn't have powdered) and almonds  instead of walnuts.  And I baked them off in mini muffin cups (the bitesized ones) at 350 degrees for 11 minutes.  Otherwise I didn't change much on the Harvest Apple Cake.  I did change a few more things on the Pumpkin bars, but that's a post for another day.

The recipe:
http://recipes.rodale.com/Recipe/harvest-apple-cake.aspx

and the book:

http://www.amazon.com/Sugar-Solution-Cookbook-Delicious-Preventions/dp/1594865191/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1295131309&sr=8-4

I got an old edition at a yard sale for $2, but got an older version for a friend for under $5 including shipping and this book seriously kicks my ever shrinking booty.  I think I've lost nearly 25 + pounds since my diabetic life was officially born.  Wheeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment